or make 4 interest-free payments of
"From 3 years, it is recommended to introduce the concept of the number, and you suspect that the method that we will approach, is natural, simple and effective."
Be aware that the abacus is one of the oldest tools for calculating in the history of humanity. The abacuses make it possible to calculate the 4 basic operations: additions, subtractions, multiplications and divisions, but also to write numbers.
Find this Abacus, composed of coloured varnished wooden beads, which are movable on 10 lacquered metal arches with visual support for the calculations. On the central plate are written 55 addition exercises on one side and 55 subtraction exercises on the other.
The benefits of Early Educational Wooden Abacus are:
- The Touch: the child likes to learn by manipulating, guaranteeing to assimilate the learning, to improve his/her motivation to accomplish and to finish his/her exercise.
- Visualization: when the child puts the ball on one side of the arch, he/she sees concretely the isolated ball. And if he/she adds one or two more, he/she visually understands the notion of addition.
- Connectivity: touch, sight and hearing put the child on the alert.
- Concentration and Attention: the child is fully in his/her activity because he/she is active, driving his actions, the concentration of the connective environment helps him/her to succeed in the exercise.
- Perform classic mathematical operations such as adding with it, letting it manipulate, then move on to the following operations: subtract, divide, multiply.
- Switch to several numbers. Count of 2 in 2, 5 in 5 ...
- Understand the system of tens and units. 1 dozen is represented by a whole line of 10 balls and 1 unit is represented by a single ball.
As you know, the golden rule is that you, parents, show and then let the child go, but in this type of activity, you have to correct it. It is better to repeat the exercise dozens of times until he/she really understand the meaning, rather than skip a step that could hamper his/her understanding of what's next.
"Instructions are far from being a race, every child has their own pace and respecting each child's own pace is one of the best ways to support them in their own success."
Age: > 3 years
Length: 30 cm
Height: 13.5 cm
Delivery & Returns
Why Buy From Us
After processing and leaving the warehouse, items usually take between 12 and 20 days to arrive at their destination but can take longer from time to time. Please be advised that given the busy holiday and shopping season our delivery service providers face significant increase in the number of shipments, and therefore a small percentage of orders can be delayed. Most of our customers are receiving their orders on time though. We source products from all over the world to bring you epic offers and the lowest prices. This means sometimes you have to wait a little longer to get your order but it's always worth it!
Returns are easy. In the unlikely event of something not being right with the product, simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a returns number and send your item to our returns center for fast processing.
We offer Free Shipping on every product, no matter how big or small.
You get a full 15 days to return your item to us. If it doesn't fit, it breaks, or if something doesn't look right with the product simply send it back to us and we'll cheerfully refund you every cent.
Returns are easy. In the unlikely event of something not being right with the product, simply contact us for a returns number and send your item to our returns centre for fast processing.
Ordering from Puzzle Toys is 100% safe and secure so you can rest easy. Your personal details are never shared, sold or rented to anyone either.
We insist that you love everything you buy from us. If you're unhappy for any reason whatsoever, just let us know and we'll bend over backwards to make things right again.